The Hong Kong Australia Business Association (HKABA) was established by the Hong Kong Trade Development Council in 1987 to promote and strengthen economic ties between Hong Kong SAR / China and Australia. Additionally, the HKABA is a member of the ‘Federation of Hong Kong Business Association Worldwide’. The Federation comprise of 33 Hong Kong Business Associations worldwide with a total membership of over 11,000.
The Association provides networking, investment and trade opportunities between Hong Kong SAR / Chinese companies and Australian comprise. It also provides an opportunity for Australian members to network with other Federation members worldwide.
HKABA membership is open to any individual or organisation that wishes to establish or enhance commercial relationships with.
Objectives of the Association
- To promote business and investment between Australia and Hong Kong SAR / China;
- To provide members with information on initiating trade with as well as the regulatory and legal framework involved
- To disseminate information on trade and investment opportunities between Australia and Hong Kong SAR / China
- A forum for increasing knowledge and understanding of Australia and Hong Kong SAR / China business through speaker programs, trade delegations and other events
- A platform for networking opportunities not only among members within Australia but similar Associations around the world.
Beneﬁts of membership
- The opportunity to exchange and widen business relationships at networking functions
- The opportunity to participate in a trade mission to Hong Kong SAR and the People’s Republic of China
- A forum for discussing business and trade issues at regular seminars and meetings addressed by speakers with expertise on relevant subjects
- Free listing in the HKABA websites
- Trave beneﬁts for members of the Federation of Hong Kong Business Associations Worldwide when travelling to Hong Kong
- The opportunity to participate in social functions arranged by the Association such as banquets, annual balls, networking luncheons ..etc
- Certiﬁcate of memberships
- Bi-monthly Hong Kong E-Monitor News Bulletin on Association activities both in Australia and Hong Kong SAR / China with the opportunity of developing business through this medium